115 1st Street SE • Clarion, IA 50525
Phone: 515 532-3461 ● Fax: 515-532-3762
Wright County Board of Health reviewed our current emergency public health measures on March 16th 2021. The current measures, which noted below, will remain in place without modification. It is expected the April 20th board meeting, less restrictive guidelines with be recommended if we continue to see our case count remain low and fully vaccinated people increase.
- Masks are required in all public indoor spaces in Wright County. Masks may be removed for eating. When eating, maintaining a 6 foot distance from others who are not in the same group is recommended.
The Board of Health will continue to re-evaluate the above monthly. The expectation for masking is anticipated to remain in place until groups at high-risk for severe illness from COVID-19 have had the opportunity to be vaccinated.
People are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or ≥2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen ).
Fully vaccinated people can:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic
For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:
- Take precautions in public like wearing a mask and physical distancing
- Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and follow prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 or have an unvaccinated household member or multiple households at risk.
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
Sandy McGrath RN on Behalf of Wright County Board of Health