FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Karl Helgevold Public Information Officer
COVID-19 Death Confirmed in Wright County
The Wright County Department of Public Health today announced the first death associated with novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the county. The individual was in the 61-80 range.
“We wish to extend our deepest sympathy to this individual’s family,” said Wright County Supervisor Karl Helgevold.
Wright County Board of Health President Mickey Cooper stated: “The Wright County Health and Epidemiology Department, Iowa Specialty Hospitals, Unity Point Clinic Eagle Grove, Wright County Board of Supervisors and all of our key partners throughout the county and state will continue to work to limit the spread and impact of this virus in our communities.”
All residents should:
- Social distance of 6 feet
- Wear a face covering when in the public if you are unable to social distance
- Avoid large group gathering
- Stay home when even mildly ill
- Isolate if you are exposed or test positive and promptly call your provider
- Exposure is contact with a positive COVID-19 individual - less than 6 feet for more than 15 minutes
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit the IDPH webpage at https://idph.iowa.gov/Emerging-Health-Issues/Novel-Coronavirus and follow the department on Facebook at @IowaDepartmentOfPublicHealth and on Twitter at @IAPublicHealth.