The Wright County Assessor’s office is currently accepting applications for a Deputy Assessor.
- Involved in all aspects of the assessment process under the general direction of the assessor
- Assist staff, other offices and general public with a variety of requests including tax exemptions and other assessment related topics
- Comprehensive knowledge of appraising real property for tax purposes
- Ability to carry out mathematical calculations with a high degree of accuracy
- Assist with the supervision of department employees
- Expansive Knowledge of GIS systems and the ability to analyze charts and maps including reading legal descriptions
- Working knowledge of Iowa codes, administrative code and policies pertaining to the assessor’s office
- Currently on the Iowa Department of Revenue register of eligible candidates for appointment as assessor or deputy assessor or ability to pass the deputy assessor exam within 180 days of hire. Exam requirements can be found at:
Contact : Applications along with a cover letter and resume can be submitted to email@example.com or mail to Shari Plagge, Wright County Assessor, PO Box 428, Clarion, IA 50525. Applications will be accepted until April 10, 2021. Wright County is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline for Applying : Apr 10, 2021