Wright County Board of Review Vacancy
Application Deadline: April 15, 2021
The Wright County Conference Board is seeking a person to fill the position as Board of Review member. It is a five-person board comprised of Wright County residents. The board members are appointed by the Wright County Conference Board for the purpose of reviewing assessments made by the County Assessor.
Members are responsible for the following duties:
- This board hears appeals of any owner/taxpayer who feels their assessed value, classification or related exemptions are not correctly assessed or implemented as required by law.
- This board consists of five members. One member must be a farmer; the remaining member’s occupation shall include as nearly as possible a licensed real estate broker and a licensed architect or person experienced in the constructions field.
- Each individual must have knowledge of property values in the county by reason of their occupation.
- The current vacancy needs to be filled by an individual who is either a licensed real estate broker or real estate agent, licensed architect or person experienced in the constructions field.
- Iowa Code (69.16A) requires gender balance on all appointed boards therefore, a female will be given preference.
Meeting schedule & time commitment
Members meet in the month of May every year and possibly in November in odd numbered years. This board usually meets during regular business hours at the Wright County Courthouse and are paid on a per diem basis. The board must meet as many days as necessary to hear and decide on appeals but does not meet daily.
Individuals with questions about serving on the Board of Review should contact the Conference Board Clerk, Shari Plagge at the assessor’s office at 515-532-3737 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applying : Apr 15, 2021 11:59 PM