♦ Election Information and Forms
Given the authority by Iowa Code, the CountyAuditor serves as Voter Registrar and Commissioner of Elections. The Auditor conducts all federal, state, county, city, school, and special elections. We maintain and update the voter registration database for all registered voters, prepare the printing of ballots and/or programming of voting machines as well as ordering election supplies, train precinct election officials and provide information to see that election laws of Iowa are obeyed.
After an election, the Auditor certifies the results to the state or to the political subdivision involved, and issues certificates of election to the proper persons. Some election records are maintained permanently, others for a specified period of time.
♦ Voter Registration
When you pre-register, your name will appear on the election register at your polling place. This allows you to sign in quickly when you arrive on Election Day.
If you were not able to pre-register to vote, you may register to vote on Election Day at the polling place for the precinct where you currently live.
Voter pre-registration deadlines:
- 10 days before General and Primary elections
- 11 days before all other elections
Qualified registrants in Iowa are:
- Citizens of the United States
- Residents of Iowa
- At least 17 ½ years old (must be 18 years old by Election Day to vote. This includes the Primary Election.)
Qualified registrants in Iowa are not:
- Convicted felons (unless the felon's voting rights have been restored by the president or governor, see Restoration of Rights)
- Currently judged incompetent to vote by a court
- Claiming the right to vote in any other place
If you do not meet all these qualifications, you cannot register to vote. Click on the links below for additional voter registration information.
♦ Absentee Ballots
Due to a provision in state law added as part of the implementation of the Help America Vote Act (HAVA), ALL absentee ballot requests must be made on the official Secretary of State form, which you will find by clicking on the link below.
MAIL OR DELIVER YOUR COMPLETED FORMS TO:
Wright County Auditor's Office
PO Box 147
Clarion, IA 50525
Voting in WrightCounty